Here is the next conversation on Luke. This week we are talking about chapter two.
Here are some questions to think about:
1. Think about and discuss the unusual events surrounding Jesus’ birth and early life: angels appearing to shepherds, the encounters with Simeon and Anna, and Jesus in the Temple at the age of twelve.
2. Combining the unusual things in chapters 1 & 2, can these things be just coincidences?
3. What did Mary and Joseph do in this chapter that would indicate they were faithful to God’s commands in the Law of Moses?
4. Who is it that has remembered all these events (19, 51)? Do you think Luke is telling us where he got his information from?
5. Put yourself in the place of the shepherds. Would you have reacted the same way they did once you saw that heavenly vision (15-20)?